Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Our Cabo Vacay

Josh and I got back from Cabo late Sunday night, I snuck into the room Jacob was asleep in at my mother-in-law's house, and barely slept while I waited anxiously for him to wake up Monday morning.

To say we missed that sweet boy would be a severe understatement. One night at dinner I totally sobbed into my lobster. 

But I digress, let's talk about HOW MUCH FUN we had. Because we really had a blast.

Josh won the vacation from his company for being the TOP salesman in 2013. How totally rad?! Have I told you my hubby is a stud? ;) 

We stayed at the Grand Solmar Land's End, and it was absolutely beautiful! Last time we went to Cabo, we stayed in a hotel in the Gulf of California, so we were east of the famous Cabo arch. This time, we stayed west of the arch on the Pacific, literally a stones throw from the arch and "lands end." If I wasn't 4 months pregnant and the waves weren't so bad, we totally could've rock climbed/hiked to the arch! Crazy! So, when you see all these pictures of rocks- now you know what it is. :)

We were there for 5 days and literally did nothing except eat, sleep and lay by the pool. Heaven. Just the way we like to relax on vacation. 

Here's a slew if pictures with a brief summary.

The view from our room...

The view from dinner on our first night. We literally got misted by the waves, we were so close...
 
 
I had the red snapper and Josh had the stuffed chile rellenos. Both were delish...
Mexican coffees in the making. Seriously impressive!

Our first full day was SUNNY! We took a morning walk each morning...

We have a picture just like this from our last trip to Cabo...

I thought this huge rock resembled my bump...

Our view for the week...

Oh, you know...doing nothing...

Gorgeous sunset that night at dinner...

I had the grilled lobster (best lobster I've ever had, which was also sobbed over) and Josh had the steak...

A little selfie action...

On July Fourth they had a huge celebration with fireworks...

They served all their drinks in these cute palm tree cups. This happened to be a virgin watermelon margarita. Yum!

BLT + fries poolside? Don't mind if I do...

Our last dinner (sorry for the poor photo quality)...

One more last morning walk....

 
We both had an incredible time, and got in some much-needed relaxation and bonding time. 

While we were away, Jacob stayed with my MIL and had such a fun time. He stayed up late, barely took naps and ate ice cream for breakfast! My MIL and I exchanged pictures over the week, which DID help and ended up costing us $350. Oops :)
 
He celebrated the Fourth of July in style...

Ate lots of ice cream...

Played with family friends...

And even enjoyed the sand! I couldn't believe this, given our experience last summer at the beach. I guess lots of things change in a year...

My 30th birthday is tomorrow, and I'm pretty underwhelmed. Not much you can do when you're preggo and tired all the time. I'll report back with a recap!

Cheers, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment