I made this this morning because I wanted to use the rest of our bread and I wanted something easy that I could just pop in the oven. It was so yummy and delicious, I will definitely be making it again! The original recipe was found here, but I did change it up a bit. Per usual.
Ingredients1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
12 slices of bread
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon, to taste
1) Melt butter in microwave, stir in brown sugar.
2) Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9x13 pan and spread around evenly.
3) Beat eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
4) Lay single layer of toast in pan (6 slices).
5) Spoon half of egg mixture on bread layer.
6) Add second layer of toast.
7) Spoon on remaining egg mixture.
8) Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes (uncover for last 15 minutes)9) Sprinkle with powdered sugar and ENJOY!
You could easily add some pumpkin pie spice or pumpkin puree to "fall" it up, too. We'll definitely do that soon!