One of my neighbors made the most delicious (and beautiful) sugar cookies last week, and I just HAD to try it. She has a Pampered Chef cookie press, which makes the cookies look 10,000x better and once you get it down, its super easy! Her recipe was so good too, so I decided to share it all with you today.
2/3 cup Crisco
3/4 cup sugar
sprinkle of nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. milk
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1) Combine first 6 ingredients (I put a little dash, so you can easily see the 2 steps) and mix well in a mixer.
2) Then add last 3 ingredients and beat together.
3) At this point, I recommend covering the dough and putting it in the fridge overnight or for a few hours.
4) After the dough is chilled and you're ready to make the cookies, pre-heat oven to 375.
If you're using cookie cutters:
5) Add a few more teaspoons of flour, so the dough isn't sticky and put tons of powdered sugar on your countertop, rolling pin and cookie cutters.
If you're using a cookie press:
5) Add a few more teaspoons of milk, to make the dough a bit more doughy.
6) Place cookies on greased cookie sheet and bake for 6 minutes.
A couple notes:
- Add sprinkles before you bake.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar right after the cookies come out of the oven.
- I had some trouble with the cookie press, but found it worked best after the dough sat for a little bit and got more doughy.