Thursday, October 31, 2013

Homemade Grout Cleaner

My dad is a tile contractor. He did all the tile in our house, including all our floors, backsplash and master shower. He's the bomb.

But he literally comments on our grout every single time he's over. We sealed it when it was first laid, but we never re-sealed it (which you should really do every year). Sooo it's kinda black now. 

I decided enough was enough. So I tried out this easy homemade grout cleaner my dad told me about and WOW! No scrubbing and not a whole lot of mess. Sounds too good to be true, huh? Think again my friend... LOOK at that before and after! Whoa!

homemade grout cleaner
 
Here's the instructions:
1) mix together 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup white vinegar in an open container (like a Tupperware container)
2) use a spoon and cover your grout lines with the mixture 
3) let sit for 20 minutes
4) wipe up with wet cloth
5) I personally had a lot of leftover grit on my floor, so I mixed together 1 part vinegar and 1 part water in a squirt bottle and mopped my floor with it
6) after you've cleaned all the grout and cleaned up all the residual, I suggest sealing your grout with a sealant


No comments:

Post a Comment