Sunday, October 13, 2013

Recipe - curry chicken & broccoli

When I was a kid, my mom always made our favorite meal for our birthdays. This was my meal. 

It's warm, creamy, hearty and totally delicious. I love making it on cold or dreary days. 


Ingredients
4 chicken breasts
Broccoli
2 cans cream of chicken
1 cup mayo
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. curry powder
Shredded cheddar cheese
Rice

Directions
1) Cook your chicken any way you like. I prefer to grill it, because it's easy. Then cube it up in bite-sized pieces. 
2) Steam your broccoli. The amount you make is really up to you. I try to go heavy on the broccoli to make it healthier. I also buy the frozen steamer bags, because it's easy. 
3) Mix together the COC, mayo and spices in a bowl. 
4) Put the steamed broccoli on the bottom of a 9x13 dish. 
5) Place the cubed chicken on top of the broccoli. 
6) Pour the COC mixture on top of the chicken and broccoli. 
7) Top with a good helping of cheddar cheese. (always with the cheese in Texas)
8) Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. 
9) Serve over rice and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment