Friday, July 5, 2013

Recipe - loaded baked potato casserole



One of my girlfriend's served this loaded baked potato salad at a party recently and I literally had three servings. It was so delicious. I immediately asked for the recipe and she said it was a Rachel Ray recipe. How did I forget about Rachel Ray?? What an adorable lady! Anyways, she said she likes it hot, unlike the recipe which says to serve it room-temp. I tend to agree with her, so I changed things up a bit. I also didn't use the quantity listed, so here's my recipe.

Ingredients
4lbs red potatoes (I bought one of those 5lb bags of red potatoes, and cooked about 3/4 of them)
1lb bacon
1 stick butter, melted
24oz sour cream
1 bushel green onion, chopped
1lb shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

Directions
1) Wash and poke potatoes, place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 for an hour. They will get nice and soft, and the skin will start to brown. This is good. Remove potatoes and let cool for an hour or so.
2) Slice raw bacon into 1 inch pieces and cook real good.
3) Put melted butter, sour cream, chopped green onion, cooked bacon and half the cheese into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Cut cooled potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in 9x13 baking dish. Pour butter/sour cream mixture on top and mix in with the potatoes really good.
((At this point, I covered the dish and put it in the fridge for awhile because we weren't ready to start cooking yet. You can obviously do that, or jump to the next step if you're ready to eat!))
5) Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until everything is bubbling and melted.
6) Once done, remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top and let it melt.
7) Try not to eat the entire thing at one sitting. Enjoy and good luck.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment