Friday, July 5, 2013

Five on Friday - hello Bloglovin'!

One of my favorite bloggers, Darci at The Good Life, started doing "Five on Friday" a few Fridays ago and I really enjoy reading them! It's a fun way to share things that have been floating around in my mind, or just to update y'all on what's been happing around here.

So, here it goes...my First Five on Friday! (alliteration alley over here)


ONE.
We had such a fun 4th of July! I mentioned earlier in my howthehellisitjulyalready post, I'm such a fan of July 4th. Like #1 fan. It's such a great American holiday. It epitomizes everything great about America- delicious food, warm weather, fun in the sun, brewskies, family time and fireworks. If I could bottle up this day and open it when I'm feeling blue, I would. It's that good.

Anywayss...back to the recap- our day was pretty uneventful, as most holidays are becoming with a kid (more on that later), but we did have some quality family time, which I enjoy more than anything. We took the dogs down to the lake and fed the ducks in the morning, J took a long-azz nap before lunch, then we went swimming, J took another long-azz nap (we actually had to wake him up), then grilled-out with my sister and FBIL (future-brother-in-law). Josh made his bomb.com burgers and I made this delicious potato salad. I changed it up a bit (actually a lot). It ended up like more of a loaded baked potato casserole, so I'll post my recipe shortly.

And last, but certainly not least, Jacob wore the most adorable outfit in the history of outfits. I had been gathering fun and festive pieces for awhile, and I think it came together nicely. I was also super excited that he actually wore that fedora for more than a millisecond. I could seriously eat him.


 
TWO.
Last night as I laid on the couch watching the NYC fireworks at 8:30, contemplating going to bed and praying none of my neighbors blew off their own fireworks and woke my sleeping baby, I thought about how incredibly different holidays have become now that we have a niƱo. Don't get me wrong, I love my kid more than anything else in this world and I certainly would not change a thing, but wow- holidays are lame now.

I can remember our first 4th of July, back in 2007, we took travel coffee mugs full of wine to the fireworks. Hahahahahhaha.

This year, the highlight of my day were these awesome bombpop champagne cocktails. I literally got a buzz off one. Wah wah.
THREE.
I think I've mentioned it before, but my sister is a Camp Gladiator trainer. If y'all don't already know, Camp Gladiator is an outdoor bootcamp. They whoop your azz for 60 minutes in the blazing heat, by switching-up workouts every session and creating an environment where men and women of all ages and fitness levels can push themselves without feeling judged or inadequate.

My sister started as a trainer shortly after J was born, and I just didn't have the bandwidth to partake in her torture at the time. But now that I'm not breastfeeding anymore and don't feel quite so "tied down", I decided to jump on the bandwagon. I had such an amazing first experience, and I highly recommend this to everyone. It's more than a workout- and quite frankly, I didn't even notice that I was actually working out. Granted, there were some times I thought my legs would give out, but I was truly enjoying myself. Not only did I get a good workout (from which I'm still sore, 4 days later), but I got some Vitamin D and fresh air! Double win, if you ask me! Go here to check for a location in your area.

 
FOUR.
If you missed it, I'm officially on Bloglovin'! You should follow me 'cause right now I have 0 followers. Ha! My main goal for this blog is to keep family and friends updated on our day-to-day, but I also want to share our journey with others. And maybe, just maybe, I can inspire, encourage, help and/or motivate someone. Let the good times roll...

FIVE.
And now for my weekly rant. Two things...

My iPhone has been on the fritz for about a week. Everything works perfectly, except the speaker for the music. When someone actually calls me, it rings, but I can't hear friggin' music! What a pain in my azz! I've started running with Jacob in the mornings, and I've really started feeling good and getting into a groove. And running without music is seriously the pits. Especially because I'm obsessed with this new Miley Cyrus song, and all I want to do is put it on repeat and sweat it out!

We've decided we're buying each other a new mattress for our anniversary. Sigh. How old are we, seriously?! Our current mattress was an "early wedding present" from Josh. LOL! Lame! Mattress shopping might be the suckiest thing ever, right behind car shopping. Woof! Anyways, I'm really looking forward to a good nights sleep, and getting rid of our mattress that seriously has valleys in it like the grand canyon. I'll update everyone on what we settle with, I'm sure it'll be a riveting post.


Well, folks- that's it for this edition of Five on Friday. My kid only managed to swallow 3 pieces of dog food, so I'd say it was a success all around!

Until next time...Have a wonderful weekend! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment