Saturday, July 6, 2013

Jacob - 13 months

This month has been incredible. My baby turned into a toddler overnight and what a complete joy he is! Oh my goodness- every single day he gets more fun and learns new things. It's so incredible. A true miracle!

Since I don't have monthly stickers that go through the second year (he wouldn't keep the stickers on anyways), I'll just attempt a quick photo sesh each month in the same chair.


 
Age: 13 months
Height: 31.5" -- just a guess, we don't go back to the pedi until 15mo.
Weight: 24.5lbs -- I weighed him on our scale at home, but its kinda janky.
Milestones: Gosh, I don't really even know what major milestones to expect after walking. He is like a sponge- watching and imitating everything. He's practically running now, sometimes he stumbles (especially if he's sleepy) but most of the time he's pretty dang quick! He loves to screw the caps on every bottle in this house. It's so cute! He loves going outside and exploring the backyard. He's started taking the hose attachment thingy and "watering" the plants- too cute for words!
Sleep: He's consistently sleeping through the night now- generally he goes 8-7 (lately until 8am!) and takes two naps for a total of 3 hours. When I stopped breastfeeding, I obviously had to stop nursing him to sleep, so now we just hold him and sing him a song, turn out his lights, turn on his sound machine and put him down. And he falls to sleep completely on his own. What a relief for us!
Eating: He's not breastfeeding anymore, and thankfully he's replaced the breastmilk with cow's milk. He drinks about 15oz of 2% milk each day. We generally offer it at every meal and after he wakes up in the morning and from each nap. I love watching him slurp it up, I think he really likes it! He's eating 3 solid meals each day, and 1 snack time when he wakes up from his afternoon nap. Meals are pretty much the same, although I've been trying to incorporate more of our meals into his.
Clothes size: 18 months - 2T
Diaper size: Size 5 Cruisers
Best Moment: We've had such a fun month! He went to the splash pad for the first time, and that was fun to watch. He was skeptical of all the water at first, but I think he started to like it. And I'm looking forward to taking him back.
Worst Moment: He's been teething a lot lately, so he gets kinda cranky and clingy. But I don't mind the snuggles!
Favorite toy: I'm slowly opening all of his birthday presents, so he gets obsessed with whatever toy I open...for like a day...and then he's over it. Haha. Currently, he's loving this farm animal mashup.
Teeth: He has the top 4 and bottom 2. I think he's cutting his 1 year molars right now, because he's been a cranky mess!
Looking forward to: Nothing in particular. Summer in general is just so much fun with him! Especially because he loves spending time outside and in the water. Love this little boy!

crazy kid climbing all over the place

No comments:

Post a Comment