Monday, May 21, 2012

39-week Update

How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain: 27 lbs
Maternity clothes? Oh yes
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Still terrible
Best moment this week: We had another relaxing weekend, and it was so nice!  I got to relax in the pool for a little bit on Saturday, it felt so good to float and get the weight off my back, plus I got a good tan.  Will probably do that again next weekend!
Miss anything? Feeling comfortable, breathing normally, good sleep, WINE!
Movement: Lots!
Food cravings: Nothing, really.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Boy :)
Labor Signs: I really thought I was going into labor last night.  We went for a walk around sunset, and I was getting these really sharp groin pains that would only last a second or two and then go away.  And then my belly got really tight and it was almost hard to walk.  When we got home, I sat down and I felt contractions that started in my belly and went around to my back - they only lasted about 25-30 seconds each and were pretty sporadic, so I didn't bother timing them.  They eventually went away after an hour or so.  We went to the doctor today, and I was really hoping last night's fiasco helped dilate me, but NO!  Still 1cm.  Ugh!  Doctor scheduled another appointment for next Tuesday, which will be 40w1d, and at that point we'll schedule an induction for 41 weeks (June 4).  Really praying baby comes before then on his own!
Symptoms: Gas, lower back pain, leg cramps, exhaustion and baby brain
Belly Button in or out? In still, I can't believe it!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm getting a little moody, but trying to stay positive and happy!
Looking forward to: Meeting our sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment