Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Early labor

We went to the doctor yesterday for our 28-wk check-up, and everything is looking and sounding great!  My fundal height was 29cm, which is perfect.  Baby's heartbeat was 146 and she found him really fast this time!  I guess that's what happens when he's 2lbs+! :)

I told my doctor that, after taking the childbirth class, I'm starting to get paranoid about going into early labor.  Especially because I've started feeling Braxton Hicks.  Thank GOODNESS my doctor is the woman she is - she's really laid back and relaxed.  She has an attitude like "I've done this a million times, so just sit back and relax" - which I really appreciate, seeing as I'm kinda Type A. :)  She basically said, unless you're having seriously painful contractions for more than 15 minutes in a given hour, I shouldn't worry.  She also said (and I quote) "I don't care about your mucous plug.  Who cares if it falls out?" - haha!  I love that!

So anyways, just wanted to share a little humorous OBGYN convo.  I feel alot better now, after talking with her and feeling her calmness and seeing how happy she was with my progress.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!
-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment