Monday, March 19, 2012

30-week Update

How far along? 30 weeks...70 days to go!!!
Total weight gain: 22+ lbs
Maternity clothes? Maternity jeans and a few maternity tops
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Tossing and turning, but no real complaints.
Best moment this week: Baby J was moving like crazy all weekend.  On Saturday morning, it felt like he was trying to escape!  Josh got to feel him moving all over the place, and he had hiccups at the same time.  Which, is a regular occurrence these days - he has hiccups 3x/day.  It was wonderful to finally let Josh feel the BIG movements.
Miss anything? Wine
Movement: Lots!
Food cravings: None really, still just really thirsty!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Boy :)
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks
Symptoms: Gas, lower back pain, leg cramps, and I'm getting exhausted again.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Our 30-wk check-up tomorrow, and a 3D/4D ultrasound on Thursday!!  I can't wait to see what our little wiggle worm looks like!!!

We had a little scare this week, that I'm still trying to get over.  On Wednesday afternoon, I realized I hadn't felt the baby move all day, so I called the doctor - they rushed me in for a non-stress test to test the baby's heart beat.  They test for significant rises and falls in the baby's heart rate over a 20-minute time period.  Our baby had a couple spikes, after shining a light on my belly and talking to Josh on the phone, so they were "comfortable" with the results and sent me home.  Coincidentally, the same day I felt sharp pains whenever I bent over.  I can usually bend over and touch my toes, tie my shoes, etc. with no problems, so this was kinda alarming to me.  We've determined that Baby J was just in a weird position, which limited his mobility and mine!  (I've asked him to please avoid that position for the next 10 weeks)  By Thursday morning all these symptoms vanished and I woke up to baby hiccups. :)

Just writing this story brings a tingle to my nose and tears to my eyes.  After having a day of inactivity like that, I can't help but appreciate and embrace every kick and hiccup I feel now.  I never understood the love between a mom and baby, but now I am completely head over heels in love with this little boy and can't wait to meet him in person.  God is so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment