Monday, March 12, 2012

29-week Update

How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain: 22+ lbs
Maternity clothes? Maternity jeans and a few maternity tops (for the length)
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Tossing and turning, but no real complaints.
Best moment this week: In our childbirth class this weekend, we got to tour the labor and delivery and postpartum wings.  It's really comforting to know where we'll go, and what the rooms will look like.
Miss anything? Wine
Movement: Lots of kicks and hiccups about 3x/day.
Food cravings: Does water count?  I've been SO thirsty this week!!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Boy :)
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks several times a day
Symptoms: Gas
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Crossing things off my baby to-do list, my baby showers in about a month, finishing the nursery, etc... SO much to look forward to!

In our childbirth class this weekend, we discussed interventions and c-sections.  It's pretty alarming to hear the "slippery slope" that could occur when the first intervention is performed.  Josh & I have decided that, ideally, we'd like to have a 100% natural birth with no medicine or interventions.  I am completely aware that it's out of our control and in God's hands, but I think it's wise to have a game plan - if circumstances are perfect.

Our instructor told us something, referring to labor, that really stuck with me - it's worth it to give up 1 day of your life to bring another life into this world for ever.  How sweet is that.  I will try to remember that when I'm in hour 14 of labor and losing patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment