Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bathroom Remodel!

I've mentioned in a couple posts that my dad was up doing our master bath remodel, but I haven't really detailed it.  Honestly, it ended up being a lot more labor-intensive than I'd planned, but isn't that how all remodeling/housework goes??

To start, here's a list of all the things we did:
 1) Ripped out plastic shower insert, replaced with tile
 2) Removed the cultured marble tub surround, replaced with tile
 3) Removed the cultured marble counter tops, replaced with granite
 4) Removed the vanity, replaced
 5) Removed mirror, replaced
 6) Removed light, replaced
 7) Painted

My dad is a tile contractor, and happens to be the handiest man I know, so he was able to do 99% of the work himself. (HUGE thanks to my awesome dad!!!)  The only thing he couldn't do was the glass shower door, for obvious reasons.

After 4 long weeks, we FINALLY have a working bathroom.  And let me just say, I absolutely loooove the outcome!

That being said, I highly discourage 6-month preggo women to start a remodeling project.  Plan ahead, and do the work before you get pregnant, or do it during your 1st trimester, or quit your job and focus on the remodel (haha).  Trust me on this one.  The added stress and pressure of having my house a total disaster, my parents living with us for 3 weeks, sharing a bathroom with 4 people, etc. nearly gave me an anxiety attack!  I really think it had something to do with our scare a few weeks ago. 

Here's a before and after shot, so you get a really good idea of the complete transformation that occurred.  I took the first shower in that spa shower last night, and it was delightful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment