Monday, March 5, 2012

28-week Update

How far along? 28 weeks - hello 3rd Trimester!!
Total weight gain: 22 lbs
Maternity clothes? Maternity jeans and a few maternity tops (for the length)
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Feeling much better, and sleeping better too!  I've started feeling baby kick in the middle of the night, which is really special.
Best moment this week: Getting the rocker, and going to our first childbirth class.
Miss anything? Wine
Movement: Lots!  I felt my first "somersault" this week - talk about crazy!
Food cravings: Nothing, really...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Boy :)
Labor Signs: I think I've started feeling some Braxton Hicks
Symptoms: Gas
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: My mom is coming up this weekend, so it will be fun to go shopping w/ her.  Also getting the bathroom remodel done, so I can get the carpets cleaned and finish the nursery!

Today marks the first day of my last trimester.  While I'm so excited and anxious to meet our sweet baby boy, I know he needs to stay for another 10 weeks at least.  My mind wanders every day - wondering what he will look like, what type of personality he will have, how my labor/delivery will go, etc.  I could think about it for hours.

After taking our first childbirth class this weekend, I'm a little more prepared for the whole labor process, and I can't explain how thankful I am to have such an amazing husband.  Josh is such a warm, supportive, loving, nurturing, strong and patient man, and I know he will be so awesome during labor.  I feel honored to be his wife and thank God every day that He brought us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment