Monday, March 26, 2012

3D Ultrasound

We had our 3D/4D ultrasound on Thursday afternoon, and let me start off by saying - HOW TOTALLY INCREDIBLE!!!  To think that our parents rarely had ultrasounds because they were considered "advanced", and now we're able to pretty much see exactly what our baby will look like before he's born is totally amazing!

I have to say, I was a little nervous going into it.  I've seen some 3D pictures where the babies look like aliens or mutants or something, so I was really scared that our baby wouldn't be cute.  Gee, was I wrong!  Baby J performed like a true champ and showed us his adorable face the entire time!  He tried to hide in my placenta towards the end, but wouldn't you if you have a stick jabbing you in the face?! ;)

We went to a "boutique", so it wasn't a doctor performing the ultrasound, and she couldn't really give us any medical evaluations.  However, she was able to confirm that Baby J is head down!  Woohoo!!  I'm soo relieved about that!  And, she was able to guestimate that he's almost 4lbs!  Whoa!  If everything I've read is true, he should be gaining half a pound (to a pound) a week from here on out - which would make him 9+ lbs!!  Doesn't really surprise me, based on the birth weight of his father, but it definitely scares me a little! :)

Anyways, here are some of the pictures.  We got a TON more, but these are the best.  ENJOY!
Our happy baby :)

good shot of his chubby face

#1 or Hook 'Em?  Either way - he's already a champ!

his "huge" foot

No comments:

Post a Comment