Friday, January 16, 2015

Quinoa & chicken skillet

This recipe has been floating around Pinterest lately and it fits my no dairy or spicy food diet criteria, so I made it! I changed the original recipe a bit to add chicken and more flavor.

Quinoa & chicken skillet
 
Ingredients
1 tbsp. EVOO
1 tbsp. minced garlic
Chicken (I used pre-cooked fajita chicken)
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can rotel
1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
1 cup vegetable broth

Directions
1) Put EVOO and garlic in large skillet on medium heat and sautée for a minute or two. 
2) Add cooked chicken to skillet for a few minutes to brown. 
3) Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. 
4) Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes (or until quinoa is cooked).

I ate this over a bed of lettuce with a bit of salsa on top. My husband and son ate it with cheese on top. Both ways are delicious and I can't believe my husband, the world's pickiest eater, likes this! Add it to the weekly rotation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment