Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Baby #2 - 40 weeks

And just like that- another due date come and gone. As I sit here and process all the emotions running through my head, the one that sticks out most is thankfulness. I am so thankful to have had this opportunity again. That God trusts ME enough to make a baby, and then I get the privledge of being his mommy! It really doesn't get any better than that!

I'm also so so thankful to my amazing husband. My partner. My best friend. I honestly do not know how I would've made it through the last 9 months without you! You are my rock and my hero and I love you so much. 

And lastly, I'm thankful to the little boy who made me a mommy first. Thank you for loving me on my bad days (God knows we've had a handful) and forgiving me when I snapped at you. Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. And thank you for always bringing joy to my life. I love you, nugget! And I cannot wait for you to meet your baby brother!

Although I have to admit, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm a bit disheartened. You go 8 months of your life willing this day to come, and when it does and you don't have a baby in your arms, its a little underwhelming. But like I said, I am so thankful to have gotten here.

 
How far along: 40 weeks
 
Baby's size: Watermelon
 
Weight gain: 33lbs.

Maternity clothes: Yes

Stretch marks: None

Sleep: Sleep has been terrible this week. My brain just won't just off and I can't get comfortable.

Gender: BOY!

Movement: LOTS! Especially at night this week.

Best moment this week: Getting things done around the house, and meeting with my OB this morning to discuss the game plan for tomorrow.

Worst moment this week: Josh had to work a full 5 days last week, so that was rough. But we survived! :)

Looking forward to: Judson's arrival!!!

Food cravings: Milk and queso :-P

Weirdest food I ate this week: Nothing, really...

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Labor signs: Nothing, really. Still only 1cm.

Symptoms: tired, hemorrhoids, baby brain, itchy stomach, linea negra and melasma on my face

Workouts: None at all

What I miss: I would just repeat what I said last week, because it's all still very true.

Similarities/differences between last pregnancy: Overall this pregnancy has been very very similar to the last one. Not much to complain about, really. Check out my last pregnancy at 40 weeks here.

Things that suck: Nothing!

Things that don't suck: Meeting baby TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment