Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas 2014

This Christmas was relaxing but high-maintenance all at once. I guess that's the best way to describe the newborn phase in general, huh?
 
We originally planned on having all the family over on Christmas Eve for a little brunch (thrown by my mom and MIL), but both the boys had colds and I didn't want my niece to come over and get sick too. So, my parents and sister were the only ones to join us. It was perfect! We opened presents, ate breakfast casserole, cheesecake and cookies, played with all of Jakey's new toys, and snuggled my favorite present, Mr. Judd.
 




On Christmas Day, we just hung around the house as a family of four (EEK- still love saying that!) and played with Jacob's toys and watched movies.


Since Jacob opened all the gifts from us and grandparents on Christmas Eve, he just opened Santa's gifts on Christmas Day. It actually worked out great, and I hope we can do that every year moving forward. I think he was able to really focus on the gifts by spreading them out over two days.

Santa brought Jacob a Mack truck (from Cars) and several die cast cars to go in the hauler. It's what he's been saying he wanted for months now, and I think he was pretty happy!

 

I made chocolate monkey bread, a la Mix & Match Mama. It was delicious, but HUGE! We barely put a dent in it.


We attempted to get a picture of the boys in their matching pajamas, but Jacob was being a turd and then Judd peed on himself. This was the best we could do. :)


 
 
And then Judd had a wardrobe change, which I had to document because it's his FIRST CHRISTMAS! Those eyebrows...

 
And lastly, we finally let Jacob open his big present from his Coco (my MIL). He was totally scared of the Big Wheel at first, but warmed up to it and took a few laps around the house. He's such a crack up!


Anyways, I hope y'all had a lovely Christmas with lots of family time and yummy food! I feel so incredibly blessed this year, but can't help but look forward to next year and how much fun it'll be!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment