Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dad Brag

Over the weekend, my dad came over and helped Josh build Jacob's birthday present- an awesome wooden swingset (which he looooooves). My sister and BIL helped, too, but most of the credit goes to my amazing husband and my handy dad!
 
 
I've mentioned my dad's stellar handyman skills on several occasions, most notably here when he completely remodeled our master bathroom (seriously).
 
But with Father's Day right around the corner, I thought I'd do a quick post to give my dad a shout out. Because he deserves it, and he rarely gets the recognition and/or praise he deserves.

My dad is one of the smartest men I know; a man with a PhD and killer carpentry-tile-handyman skills. Among the many, many things my dad has taught me, the best advice as been:
  1) measure twice, cut once
  2) all home renovation projects cost twice as much and take twice as long
  3) the prep work is the most important part
  4) never own a boat, but have friends that do
  5) when in doubt, take a nap
  6) always wear sensible shoes
 
We've had our ups and downs, but I love my dad and I love watching him as a "PopPop", something he was scared to death about!

 
What has YOUR dad taught you? Share it with me and use the hashtag #DadBrags!
 
Man Crates, a new company that ships awesome gifts for guys in custom wooden crates (how awesomely genius?!), is having a contest on Twitter- share your favorite story, memory, piece of advice, etc. from your dad and use the hashtag #DadBrags. When you do, you'll be entered to win a Man Crate for your dad! A winner will be chosen every day through Father's Day! You can check out the winners here.

No comments:

Post a Comment