Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Jacob - 20 months


Age: 20 months
Height: we don't go back until he's 2!
Weight: we don't go back until he's 2!
Milestones: I swear Jacob has gone through a major developmental phase recently. (maybe that's why he's been sleeping so terribly?!) He's talking up a storm lately, and really starting to remember everything. I mean, I can tell him a word/noise ONCE and he will remember it! I love hearing him say all the animals and their sounds. Literally the cutest thing ever! He said "teddy" the other morning and I almost flipped my shit! Who is this kid?!  I also noticed he's stacking items really well now- 3+ things now.
Sleep: After re-reading his 19-month update, it seems like his sleep is still very much the same. He still sleeps 11-12 hours at night, but his daytime sleep has really been lacking. I think he's finally coming out of this funk, but we'll see. Right now I'm just gauging his tiredness and reacting accordingly. Some days he takes 2 naps, others just 1.
Eating: I still hate mealtimes. Gah, will this ever get easier or better?? I really hope so!
Clothes size: 2T, and some 3T (mostly PJs)
Diaper size: Size 5 Cruisers
Teeth: 12 total, and I think his canines are starting to move now.
Best Moment: We've had a fun month. I can't think of any specific moments, its just been really good!
Worst Moment: Can't really think of anything??
Favorite toy: Right now he is L-O-V-I-N-G all his trucks- fire truck, dump truck, tractor, etc. He pushes them all around (complete with sound effects), crashes them into each other and stacks them. His Grandpa brought him a Melissa & Doug 18-wheeler with alphabet blocks this past weekend, and he LOVES that thing too, especially turning it over and spilling all 3216516 blocks everywhere.
Looking forward to: our Valentine's Day playdate will be a blast! My parents are also finally moving up to the metroplex, so I can't wait to go out to their lakehouse and spend more time together! Stay tuned because we'll be going on a Family Field Trip soon (one of my New Years Goals), and I'll be sharing a slew of field trip ideas for your family!

And a few outtakes for your viewing pleasure...


No comments:

Post a Comment