Friday, January 3, 2014

Five on Friday - Resolutions


 
I really hate that word. Resolutions. It's so...final. Like, this is what I promise to do. End of story. If it was that easy, we'd all be perfect, right?!

I like to use the word GOALS because at the end of the day, that's what they are, right? GOALS we hope to achieve.

I've decided to make 5 GOALS for myself this year. And since it's Friday, I'll link-up with some fabulous gals (Darci, April, Christina and Natasha) and do FIVE ON FRIDAY!
 
So here we go. 

ONE.
Eat healthier and workout more. This is such a lame one, I know. But as I get older, and now that I've had a kid, the only solid way for me to keep the lbs off is through my diet. And lifting weights. Both things I haaaaaate. So, my goal is simply to workout more, and eat cleaner and focus on portion control.

TWO. 
Cut down on my spending. Every month Josh gets on my ass about spending, and everything month I'm like "whaaaaat????" I seriously don't know HOW I spend money, but I do. So I'm going to make it a conscious thing.

THREE. 
Cut back on social media. This is going to be really hard for me. It's become almost a habit to check all my social media every hour or so. And WHY?! It's so dumb! And I'm missing so much stuff here. In the present. Where it matters. 

FOUR. 
Take 1 fun family field trip each month. Whether it's the zoo, museum, splash park, etc. Once per month. All 3 of us. 

FIVE. 
Start going to church more regularly. Now that we've successfully left Jacob in the nursery, there's no excuse. It is important to me, so I will make it a priority. 

That's it! Phew! I'm exhausted! Haha! So what about you? Have you set any goals for yourself?? Have any fun family field trip ideas for us??? :)

2 comments:

  1. Great goals! I'm totally with you on the spending thing! It happens ALL the time and I have no idea where it all goes! Good luck, and happy new year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone! Haha! Happy New Year to you, too!!

      Delete