2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 white onion, diced
3-4 garlic cloves, diced
1 medium-large spaghetti squash
28oz tomato sauce (I use this purée and love it)
1) you want to start with your chicken. Clean it up, boil it for 30-45 minutes and shred it. Set aside.
2) toss onion and garlic in a large sauce pot with a tablespoon or so of EVOO. Cook until onions are clear and garlic flowers.
3) while your onion/garlic is cooking, cook your spaghetti squash. Cut it in half length-wise and gut it. Place face down in microwave safe dish with an inch or so of water. Microwave for 8-9 minutes.
4) once onion/garlic is ready, add the tomato sauce/purée, shredded chicken and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning (I didn't measure this, so I'll guess a teaspoon or 2)
5) once your squash is done, start carving it. Use a fork and scrape the inside. It should just peel right out, and resemble spaghetti noddles. Place the "noodles" in the pot and stir it all around.
6) bring to a boil and let simmer for 25 minutes.
That's it! This recipe should feed 4. Enjoy, y'all!!