Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Recap

Valentine's Day has come and gone. I get so excited about holidays and such, mostly because its a reason to make things extra special for Jacob, and they just fly by too fast! Not fair!

We hosted a few friends and their kiddos for a little Valentines play-date on Friday and it was such a blast!

Have I ever mentioned that I have the best neighbors? We're all around the same age and have kids roughly the same age (pre-school) and we all just get along really well. Our personalities are a lot alike. AND...they are stay-at-home-moms too! Yay!

Anywayss...they all came over, along with their 5 kids, and we sat out in my backyard and drank wine and attempted to have adult conversation while the kids wreaked havoc. So typical, but I seriously wouldn't change a thing! Or, maybe I would like for the 4 of us to go to a restaurant and sit on a patio and sip wine without the kids. A girl can dream, right?? But we all know that ain't happening, so this is the next best thing!

I took a few pictures of the spread before everyone arrived, which is a good thing because I only got ONE picture during the actual play-date. More on that in a sec... Now onto the food and goodies.


details

 


While we were outside playing referee chatting, one of my friends glanced up in the sky and nearly threw her 4-month-old on the ground / choked while shouting "oh.my.god. its a plane.....in the sky....."

I honestly thought a plane was crashing, until she finally finished her sentence. "....writing in the sky!!!!!"

You would've thought the plane was writing a special message for US, the way we reacted! And I'm quite surprised none of my (other) neighbors came to check on us and/or the police didn't show up. We seriously screamed so loud! Hahha! I'm laughing so hard right now, just thinking about it. So hilarious!

So here's the only picture I managed to get during the actual play-date....of the sky writer....writing an I love you message to RPD. That dumb B. Hahhaahah!!

I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day, and were able to spend it with the people you love.

Thanks again to Tiny Prints for the spectacular valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment