Saturday, May 4, 2013

Recipe - cheesy olive bread

I had a girlfriend and her daughter over for a wine happy hour yesterday afternoon, and I made this delicious bread. Us mommies loved it, and so did the 3-year old. Although the 3-year old didn't drink the wine. Duh.

I would've taken step-by-step pictures, but I had my (almost) 11-month old tugging on my pant legs the entire time. Plus its super easy.

Ingredients
1 loaf French bread
6oz can pitted black olives
10oz jar pimento-stuffed green olives
Green onion
1/2 cup mayo
1lb shredded monterrey jack cheese
1 stick unsalted butter

Directions
1) drain and rinse olives, chop and put in large mixing bowl
2) slice two green onions into small pieces, add to bowl
3) add in cheese, mayo and butter at room temperature
4) mix all ingredients together really well
5) slice loaf lengthwise
6) spread olive cheese mixture all over bread
7) place on cookie sheet and bake at 325° for 25 minutes
8) enjoy

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!! I need to make this asap! I need some wine asap...

    ReplyDelete