Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jacob - 10 months

Hi, I'm Kate.  I've been gone for awhile, in a dark cave somewhere... But I'm finally back! I feel like we really turned a corner in the past month.  Jacob is such a joy to be around, and is really starting to show his mellow, funny and curious personality.  I finally feel myself again, which is much in part to actually getting decent sleep and breaks during the day (thank God!).

Age: 10 months
Height: (we don't go back to the pediatrician until his 1 year visit)
Weight: (we don't go back to the pediatrician until his 1 year visit) 
Milestones: Jacob is a crawling machine! He's so curious and gets into everything. He pulls up on any and everything, too. My favorite is when he pulls up on the window sill in the kitchen to look outside- too cute! He occasionally stands on his own for brief periods of time, but once he realizes what he's doing, he drops down to crawling. 
Sleep: He's definitely improved in this department over the past month. I still nurse him once at night (usually around 4-5am), but he sleeps 7pm-7am otherwise. His napping has improved significantly as well. He's taking two 1-hour naps these days, typically around 10 and 2. Occasionally he wakes up at the 30 minute mark, but I just leave him in there and he eventually falls back to sleep. This has taken a lot of work in my part- I have been letting him cry a lot at nap time, and it finally seems to be paying off! Thank God! I'm really hoping to cut out the night nursing session in the upcoming month, but we will see! :) 
Eating: He dropped a daytime nursing session this month, so we nurse 4x/day and once at night. He also eats 3 meals and one snack. We introduced meat within the past month and he LOVES it! If I cook a healthy meal, I'll give him small pieces of our meat, but otherwise I just give him meat sticks. They're just like Vienna sausages, but made by Gerber for babies. He likes the chicken and turkey best. We've also started doing more table foods- like mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, full bites of banana, rice, perogies, etc.  
Clothes size: 18 months - 2T
Diaper size: Size 4. We recently switched from Pampers Cruisers to Huggies Movers Slip Ons and I can't decide if I like them better. They're certainly easy to whip on when he's crawling all about (they're basically like pull ups), but I think they're giving him a bit of diaper rash.We'll see. 
Best Moment: We celebrated Josh's 32nd birthday and March Madness together as a family- so much fun!!
Worst Moment: I honestly can't think of a bad moment. He's been such a fun baby lately! With him crawling and pulling up, he's falling a lot, so that's kinda scary. 
Favorite toy: He doesn't really like toys anymore. He'd rather get into the Tupperware or pots/pans. I generally let him play with whatever he wants, but am slowly establishing boundaries (i.e. my vases).
Teeth: We finally have teeth! Just as I suspected, he was teething. It honestly wasn't that bad though! (knock on wood) He cut his bottom 2 teeth on Josh's birthday, actually! It's so cute to see his smile with toofers! You can see the teeth in one of the below pictures.
Looking forward to: warmer weather and fun in the sun! We've been going to a lot of play dates outside lately and it's so fun! Especially now that he can crawl around in the grass. Loves! I've also started planning for his birthday party- EEK! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment