Wednesday, April 24, 2013

1st birthday party planning!

I cannot even believe I'm talking about this.  How is my baby almost ONE?

I've decided on a nautical theme. I almost did his nursery in this theme, so I knew it was going in this direction for awhile.  I'm thinking sailboats, anchors, red and navy stripes and LOTS of customization.

sources to individual images can be found here
We're having the party over lunch time, so we'll be serving burgers and hot dogs, chips, dips, cupcakes and beer...I mean...lemonade.

I've decided to make the cupcakes and smash cake myself, which means I've been making "practice" cakes nearly every week for the past month.  It started with a box cake and icing, and has now forced me to open the fancy mixer we got for our wedding (that's never been opened) to make buttercream frosting.  Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment