Monday, January 30, 2012

Nursery status

I haven't blogged about the nursery yet, mainly because we haven't done THAT much, but I wanted to give you an idea of what we're doing!

We painted the nursery "Whispering Wheat" by Glidden.  It's a really light tan - very warm and soothing.  I absolutely LOVE it!  Of course this picture doesn't really do it justice.
We bought the preppiest, cutest, most handsome bedding from Pottery Barn Kids, which I fell in love with as soon as I found out we were pregnant.  I'm afraid if we were having a girl, she would've been stuck with this bedding, too!  We got the quilt, bumper, crib skirt and curtains.  They should arrive this week and I cannot wait to hang the curtains!!
I originally picked-out a furniture set from Buy Buy Baby, which I loved, but it was a little pricey.  However, I found almost an identical collection at Babies R Us, which we're going to purchase tonight!! Woohoo!  I'm only getting a convertible crib (which, let me just say - what a genius idea!), combo dresser and night stand or bookcase (haven't found the perfect piece yet). 

My mother-in-law bought us a custom recliner and I can't wait for it to be delivered (early April)! It's the same color as the walls, microfiber (bonus) and super comfy. Josh & I were big "rockers" when we were babies, so I hope we make as many sweet memories with our babies in this recliner.  I will look similar to this one.
I plan on putting a large storage unit in the closet, with canvas bins for bibs, burp cloths, etc. and will put several shelves over the dresser/changing station for decorations and toys.  I'm hoping to find a decent size bookcase for toys and books, which can eventually be used as a nightstand.  Once the bedding arrives, I can start buying decorations and stuff.

So anyways, that's pretty much it!!  I'm so excited to see everything come together and can't WAIT to meet our sweet baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment