Monday, January 16, 2012

21-week Update

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain: 15lbs - OMG!  The doctor says tall people tend to have "larger numbers", plus I had "a little weight to gain" -- NOT exactly what I wanted to hear! ;)
Maternity clothes? Some tops, but still in my regular pants.
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Tossing and turning, and peeing several times each night...not the best sleep.
Best moment this week: FINDING OUT THE SEX!!!!!  OMG!  We also went to Buy Buy Baby this weekend to put furniture on our registry.  Oh, and we started painting the nursery yesterday!!  It's all becoming so real now!
Miss anything? Wine
Movement: Yes!  Finally!  What a huge week!  Once I started feeling it kick, its all I can feel now! :)
Food cravings: I'm going to say Oreos - I loved these as a kid, and its definitely my go-to cookie, but I've been eating them like their ending distribution tomorrow! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!  OMG what an incredible moment.  I cannot even explain how amazing Tuesday afternoon was.  The ultrasound tech got us from the waiting room, so we didn't have to wait AT ALL.  At first, baby was balled up, so we couldn't see the crotch.  So, she decided to measure all the other stuff.  This was so incredible.  They can measure the femur, waist, head circumfrense, check the heart for all 4 chambers, check kidneys, etc.  It was awesome.  Then the tech asked me what I thought it was - I told her a boy.  She started hovering over the same spot, so I asked "do you see a penis anywhere??"  And she said "I doooo!!!"  OMG!  How special!  I still can't really see the penis, but she assured us we're having a boy.  Josh and I both broke down in tears in the ultrasound room.  It's just the most amazing news ever, and we couldn't be more happy!
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Gas, round ligament pain and I had my first bout of heartburn Friday night.  It actually woke me up in my sleep!!!  It's SUCH a terrible feeling!  I can't imagine having it all the time! *Fingers crossed this symptom doesn't continue with me after pregnancy*
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy!
Looking forward to: There are so many things to be excited about.  I can't wait to put the 2nd coat of paint on the nursery and start buying wall decorations, etc.  The furniture is going to take 12 weeks to ship, so I need to be patient about that! ;)  Also flushing-out our registry!

Overall, I have to say - now that I know we're having a boy, I feel much more at peace and relaxed.  There are tons of things we need to do and learn, but I just have this feeling that everything will fall into place and there's really nothing to be worried about.  God has truly blessed us beyond my wildest dreams.  THANK YOU, GOD!!

Here are some ultrasound pictures from our 20-week check-up:
Great picture of Baby Soko with his toes touching his forehead

Baby Soko face!

Proof that it's a boy!

"Hi mom & dad!"

Amazing profile shot of our beautiful SON!

No comments:

Post a Comment