Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Recap

I cannot believe 2011 has officially ended. It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the start of 2011!! As great as the year was, we're really looking forward to 2012. For the obvious reason of meeting our baby, but I think we're also in a really good place in our marriage. Before we start the new year, I wanted to revisit a few awesome memories from 2011...

In March, Josh turned 30!! We had a fiesta at our house with a lot of Josh's closest friends and family. Josh swears turning 30 "wasn't that big of a deal", but I beg to differ! I think it signifies the end of your "young adult" life and the start of becoming a real adult. Of course, you're only as young as you feel, and from the looks of it - Josh is feeling pretty young! ;) 
Josh's 30th bday present - a case of his favorite wine
Maverick and Schatzi turned 5 and 2, respectively. Hard to believe Maverick is almost 6!! Schatzi is finally starting to slow down, which is definitely nice and good timing!

In June, we got to witness history when the Dallas Mavericks won the NBA Chamoionship. We got awesome tickets to Game 5 of the Fianls against the Miami Heat. What a game and what an experience! I will never forget that!
Game 5 - 2011 NBA Finals
In July, I turned 27 with a pretty low-key weekend of great food and drinks! :) 

Also in July, we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary in Negril, Jamaica. We went to the same resort where we spent our honeymoon - Couples Negril. It was such an amazing trip and we really have grown to love Jamaica. It's probably our #1 travel destination. I definitely see more trips there in the future, and would recommend it to any couples looking to get away and relax! This trip also officially started the baby making process. You can read more about that 2-month process here.
floating in Bloody Bay:)

sunset on our anniversary
In September, we found out we were pregnant with Baby Soko! I think this was, by far, the best news of 2011! All our families are so excited and we're anxiously awaiting January 10 for the gender reveal!

In October, Josh went to Game 4 of the World Series with his dad. He actually told his dad the pregnancy news at the game - how memorable! And great seats!
Game 4 - 2011 World Series

In late October, we went to Pittsburgh to visit Josh's cousin, Doug, and his sweet wife, Jenny. They were such awesome hosts - showed us all over the city, took us to great restaurants and took us to a Steelers v. Patriots game! We even got to see the first snow of the year! :) 
Steelers v. Patriots
In November, I went to New York with my mom to visit her mother (my grandma, 93) and her sister and family. My aunt lives in Wilson, NY on the shores of Lake Ontario and it is beautiful there! We went on lots of peaceful walks through the town of Wilson, went to Niagra Falls and spent lots of quality time with my precious grandma.
My mom, grandma and me
sunset over Lake Ontario
We hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas this year as well, which is actually really nice because I dispise traveling by car! I also hope it gave people a little more confidence in me and my cooking/hosting abilities, because I sense a lot of future holidays here at our house. :)







our little family on Christmas
Like I said, 2011 was a phenomenal year, but we have SO much to look forward to and I have a feeling the best is yet to come.

God Bless you all,
Kate
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment