Tuesday, September 23, 2008

love to love to love ya!


Why, oh why, do the weekends go by so fast? I even had a 3 ½-day weekend and it still went by fast! I say 3 ½ because I got off early on Thursday to go to Austin to stand in my best friend’s wedding.

My best friend, Maggie, got married on Friday September 19th (our 2-month anniversary). The wedding was on Lake Travis at a gorgeously renovated home over-looking the lake. The views from the porch were breathtaking and the ceremony site was beautiful and shaded. I swear, its more stressful being a bridesmaid than a bride! I was so exhausted the entire weekend and SORE! Not really sure why? I guess it was also nice to be a bride and leave for a 9-day honeymoon…hmmm…Jamaica…

The weekend mostly consisted of wedding festivities. They had the rehearsal dinner at a restaurant on the lake. And when I say on the lake, I mean on the lake. Literally. The restaurant, The Pier, was actually on a marina dock (so cool).

Of course, all day Friday was spent getting glammed-out and then partying the night away.

Saturday we went to the bridal brunch at Taverna. They have $1 mimosas and killer breakfast. Josh got this yummy breakfast calzone stuffed with eggs, cheese, bacon – YUMM!! Saturday evening we met up with another of my best friends and watched the UT game. On Sunday we washed my new car (so much easier at my parents’ house) and then headed back to P-town.

I love weddings. Especially weddings between two people that truly love each other. Maggie and her husband, Josh (funny, huh?), have been together for 7 years! The 19th was actually their 7-year anniversary!! I wish them all the best, as they continue to grow and learn together. Nothing compares to being married and spending everyday with someone. I can only hope their love will last forever.

Now that we’re on the subject, I want to also thank my husband for being such a wonderful man. I have truly enjoyed the last 2-months and I can’t wait to make millions and millions of memories together.

"The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul, makes us reach for more, plants a fire in our hearts, and brings peace to our minds."

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment