Sunday, September 14, 2008

free jeans, anyone?


As much as I complain about my job, I must say...the perks are amazing. Free lunches, happy hours and goodie bags are a typical occurrence at my office. Having reps kiss your ass 5 days a week isn't always a bad thing. Especially when they take you to a little piece of heaven, better known as The Blues Jean Bar.

The store is setup like a pub - you walk up to the bar and pick from what they have on "tap".

Of course, mile-long legs are not optimal at places like this. Trying to find 36" inseams is like trying to find the Heart of the Ocean.

The rep that brought us to the BJB is one of our fabulous gay reps; he dresses better than me and his hair looks like something out of a magazine. He decided cocktails, hor'dourves and a free pair of jeans would be a perfect client appreciation event for an office full of women - he was right.

We, all 15 of us, spent 2 hours trying on TONS of jeans. Everyone found a pair except for me and the other 6-footer in the office. It was so depressing! We are both really tall and slender...how did we not find jeans?! Seriously! Finally, at the end of the night I was liquored-up and depressed. I think one of the teeny-SMU-sorority girl-employees noticed and she brought me a pair of Kasil jeans. The pair barely touched the floor, but had a 1-inch hem - so I'm thinking when I take out the hem it will be perfect. This is what they look like:

Anyways, all in all it was a wonderful night. The night ended with Josh's blog below. Uptown was a bummer, but nothing beats free jeans!

Much love,
-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment