Monday, April 21, 2014

Our Easter

We had one of the best days ever yesterday! I'm still on a high from all the family time. We are truly blessed.
 
My parents and sister, and Josh's mom came over early on Sunday morning and we all went to church together. Jacob went to the nursery because, well, he cannot handle sitting still for more than 5 minutes. It allowed us to enjoy the service and soak in the beautiful music and moving sermon. I felt God' presence in that place, and it will surely take me through this week!
 
 
After church we came back to our house and Jacob had a little egg hunt in the backyard. The dog helped him, of course.
 
 


This little boy would hunt eggs ALL day if we let him! At first he was just putting the eggs in the basket, but after awhile he realized there was actually stuff IN the eggs. We gave him goldfish, Teddy Grahams and 2 Hershey Kisses.
 
 
After all the eggs were found, and candy was consumed, we headed back inside to play with his loot from his Easter baskets. Yes, its plural because Jacob has the best grandparents a guy could ask for!

 

I made a delicious brunch, with breakfast tacos and fruit salad. Unfortunately, I didn't get a single picture of the table or food. Boo! Oh well.

The day was a success and we all slept really well last night.

I've been singing this hymn all morning. Like I said, I'm still basking in the Glory of God! I hope you all had a lovely weekend and Easter.

4 comments:

  1. So glad y'all had a great Easter! Now get back on insta! Lol I miss your updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait til my daughter's old enough to do an egg hunt -- looks like you guys had a really great Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, yes! You will love it! Next year will be a blast for y'all, I'm sure!

      Delete