Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summertime fun!

It's be so HOT here lately, and its so incredibly hard to stay inside all day with a toddler. So we've found new and fun ways to get outside!

For starters, Jacob got this awesome water table from my parents. He totally loves it!! I usually fill it up during his afternoon nap (or lately his only nap...grrr...more on that later), and then he plays with it when he wakes up. He splashes so hard, he gets both of us soaked! Ha!


Also, on Tuesday, we went to a park with a great splash pad! Jacob got a little overwhelmed with all the kids running around, so I mostly just carried him around and stuck him (and me) in all the water features. He really loves it though. We had a nice picnic with a friend afterwards and then headed home for a 2 hour nap, during which time I threw on my swimsuit and laid out for a bit. Suh-weet!



Lastly, our neighbor across the alley has a pool, so we've been taking Jacob over there on the weekends when Josh is home. It's supposed to hit 100° soon, so we might be venturing over there during the week. Ugh! Is it October yet??

No comments:

Post a Comment