Friday, July 31, 2009

Our 1-year anniversary & vacation to Cabo


So I've finally found the time to blog about our absolutely wonderful vacation. The past month, work & life in general, has been so hectic! I'm so glad we were able to get away for a week of total relaxation.

Anyways - back to the vacation... The flight was great. We upgraded to first class (*ahhhh*) on the way there; which entitled us to lunch - salmon salad for me (surprisngly good) and a BBQ chicken pizza for Josh (he loved it), more leg room (which is always appreciated by us freaks), de-boarding the plane first (if you know me, you know I am impatient, so this is great) and of course, drinks! drinks! drinks! Mimosas for me, vodka/sprite for Josh...and let me tell you, this is such a blessing for me on a plane! I absolutely HATE flying, so getting a little buzzed definitely helps, especially when traveling international...it helps me get through customs when we arrive. Speaking of customs, it wasn't that bad in San Jose del Cabo - certainly better than Cancun & Montego Bay. We pre-booked a shuttle van to take us to the resort, which was really easy and totally convenient. Once arriving at the resort, we were greeted with a smiling senorita and a margarita - SALUD!

We stayed at the Riu Palace, which was absolutely amazing, in Cabo San Lucas. Everyone was so friendly, appreciative & service-oriented. I was nervous before the trip because there was a string of bad review on Trip Advisor, but everything far exceeded our expectations. The resort is all-inclusive, which means all the alcohol and food your little heart desires. If you know me, you know I practicaly starve myself before beach vacations (gotta look good in a bathin suit), so once I get out of the country...its pretty much ON! :) Needless to say, Josh & I always take full advantage of the all-inclusiveness.

Josh & I love to veg and do nothing on vacation, and this was exactly what we did - nothing (except a yummy couples massage & several strolls on the beach). Speaking of beach, the beach in Cabo is very different than any other beach we've ever been to. The beach down to the water drops off quite abruptly, almost like a cliff, allowing the HUGE waves to crash directly onto the beach. Its pretty impressive, and quite scary! Josh & I are pretty athletic, and I was afraid of drowning at one point. Anyways - I definitely do not recommend traveling to Cabo if you want to get in the ocean.

As I look at all our pictures, deciding which I want to print and display around the house - I can't help but think of how wonderful vacation is. Not only are we lucky enough to get PAID vacation time off, but we get to leave the country for an entire week. We are completely blessed.

Here are some pictures from our lovely vacation....
ENJOY! Love,
Kate

the first 30 mins we were there (still pale)

our first real day - Josh pimping the glasses I got him :)

me, in front of the gorgeous Cabo rocks!


2 photos of Josh's daily view ;)

drinks before dinner the first night


more beach pics....


beautiful Cabo rocks!

drinks on the terrace before dinner


the waves were really crazy this night. so bad they shook the sliding glass doors in our room.
our last day on the playa
last dinner in heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment