Monday, June 9, 2008

I was framed!!!


Hello faithful readers. I hope everyone is well. First of all, I know the title of this post looks bad, but I have done nothing wrong. It's only regarding the shopping we did yesterday......for picture frames. We're going to have several pictures of various sizes on display at our wedding reception, & so yesterday we braved the crowds & astronomical gas prices in search of suitable frames in the decided dimensions. One might think this would be an easy task, but to those I would say "step inside Garden Ridge to view the jumbled mess that is their frame section." Needless to say, 2 hours later Kate & emerged with a few great looking frames bought & a few others as possibilities. We also left with an excellent stand to be used in the sand ceremony during our wedding, then later on our patio. Very nice, indeed!

Later on in the day we attended the Rough Riders baseball game as guests (& a valued employee, I'm sure) of my company. I had won these tickets in a company-wide raffle, as they raffle the tickets quite often. These "Founders Club" tickets allowed us free parking, entry, food, & drink at the ballpark. Awesome!! We first sampled the BBQ & enjoyed a few beers (You ask me, Josh, what's up with the beer? I know, I know. But, it's not that bad). After the BBQ it was time for the first pitch, so we made our way to our VIP seats. Around the end of he 1st inning (maybe 2nd) we decided to try out another food & beverage area we were privy to. This one served burgers, hot dogs, & cervesas. Right up my ally. Follow the trend set, & my lovely fiance & I had a wonderful evening at the game.

We've been as busy as ever & it seems like we will continue to keep ourselves busy until it's time to leave for the honeymoon. That, thankfully, is only about 40 days away! Until next time, everyone take care!

--Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment