Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bah humbug

Yesterday, I had a meltdown of epic proportions. I turned into Mr Scrooge himself, and almost swore off Christmas altogether.

Thankfully, I have the most amazing husband and mother, whom both talked me off the ledge and got me back into the Christmas spirit. They helped me realize that most of the pressure I'm feeling is put on me by MYSELF and my expectations are always pretty damn high.

Once the Grinch left the house, I decided to put up HALF of our 9-ft Christmas tree, because let's face it - 9 feet is a lot to decorate and takes up a lot of room in our already cluttered house (hello, a-type personality!). Josh started the outside lights and I even wrapped the front tree!

Decorating always winds up taking a full weekend, and that's before having a baby! Talk about juggling a million things! I just felt stressed and overwhelmed, but I feel better now and the house looks festive yet simple.

Here's a cute picture of Jacob in front of the tree. Just ignore the drool and summer onesie (it was 90* out today and it's the only short sleeved onesie that fits).



No comments:

Post a Comment