Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Jacob - 5 months

Age: 5 months
Height: He hasn't been measured since his 4 month check-up. I guess I could measure him...
Weight: 19lbs 15oz (this is how much he weighed 2 weeks ago, haven't gone to the doctor since)
Milestones: Jacob rolls back to tummy easily, but can't seem to get back to his back...we're working on that!  He can sit up unassisted for several minutes before slumping forward or falling over.  He plays with his feet ALL the time, especially when I'm changing his diaper, and has even managed to get them in his mouth!
Sleep: Hallelujah!  The child finally knows how to sleep!  We did have to do some serious sleep training with him for about a week, but its made such a huge difference in my attitude and his!  I can tell he's happier, more alert and focused.  He goes to bed at 8pm, wakes once around 3-4am to eat, and then goes back to sleep until 7am.  The best part is that he puts himself to sleep, so there's no rocking on 1 foot while whistling to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandee (not really, but really).  He's still napping for only 30 minutes at a time, I'm hoping this next month will bring longer, less frequent naps!
Eating: Jacob is still breastfeeding like a champ.  We've introduced solids: oatmeal, banana, sweet potato and butternut squash.  Of those, his favorite has been butternut squash.  He doesn't open his mouth and attack the spoon quite yet, but we're getting there.  I've been feeding him 1oz once daily, usually around lunchtime, but I'll probably increase to 1oz twice daily now that he's 5 months old.
Clothes size: 9 month onesies and 9 or 12 month pants.
Diaper size: Size 3
Best Moment: This month has been so great, I'm not sure?  But if I had to choose, I'd say when he rolled over.  He acted to surprised and confused - so cute! :)
Worst Moment: Going through the sleep training was tough, but we made it out alive and better!
Teeth: No teeth!
Looking forward to: The holidays! Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and I'm so so so excited to start special traditions and make memories with our sweet boy.  I'm hoping to introduce green beans soon, so Jacob can have a Thanksgiving dinner with us (green beans, sweet potatoes and squash).  For Christmas, we're converting the guest bedroom into a playroom for him, so I'm excited to start that transformation (after Thanksgiving) and to start Christmas shopping for our little nugget!

No comments:

Post a Comment