Thursday, December 15, 2011

First Trimester

HIS STORY
Oh my goodness, where do I begin? The idea of being a dad excites me to no end. Ever since I knew I wanted to marry Kate, I also knew I wanted to have a family with her & that we would one day have beautiful, talented kids. So when we started to try to start a family this summer & then when she told me that Sunday morning that she was pregnant, I couldn't have been more happy & excited. My goal since we got married was to be a good husband, & now I am excited to have the goal of being a good dad. Even right now, during the 1st trimester of pregnancy & early in the 2nd, I worry that everything is going OK. I can't imagine how much more I am going to worry about the kid(s) once they're here! We're blessed to have gotten pregnant so quickly, & blessed that things have gone well so far. Kate has been very tired due to the changes her body is undergoing, but she has been great. I try to be as considerate as I can everyday, & listen to how she feels or what she says she needs, & accomodate her in any way I can. I figure, the less stress on her the better.
--Josh

HER STORY
Honestly, I feel like I had a really easy 1st trimester. The worst part was the exhaustion. I would sleep 10+ hours each night and feel absolutely exhausted by 7:30pm. I also felt nauseous when I got hungry, and got ridiculous food aversions, so I had to make sure never to get hungry. Maybe that's why I gained 4 lbs :) oh well! The majority of my aversions were towards meat, especially chicken. My biggest craving (still is) is pizza! As we approached 10 weeks, we had several trips planned, so that was definitely a challenge for me. Thankfully, we were traveling to visit family, who were all really understanding as soon as we told them the news! I think the traveling also helped pass the time. By 12 weeks I was off Progesterone, because that's the time when the embryo officially becomes a fetus and starts relying on the placenta (instead of me!). Josh did such an incredible job through the first 3 months - he was so supportive and understanding. I couldn't ask for a better hubby!
--Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment