Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Our Thanksgiving morning started off with a Texas sized toddler tantrum. No better way to celebrate, in my opinion. After about an hour of tears and flip flopping, we finally got to enjoy our cinnamon rolls and coffee while watching the Macy's Parade. I always used to love that parade as a kid, but now I'm kinda confused by it...you barely even see the floats and balloons, it's mostly just celebrity interviews and Broadway performances. Not exactly what a 2 year old wants to watch. Or me for that matter! Ha!



We spent the rest of the morning tidying up around the house and cooking. With only 6 people + 1 toddler + 1 baby, I didn't have to put the turkey in SUPER early, which was nice!

I decided to cook my turkey a different way this year. I'm mildly obsessed with The Pioneer Woman right now, so I attempted her turkey "recipe." It was strange to not smother the bird in broth and EVOO and stuff it with carrots, celery and onion (which is how I normally do it), but I think it turned out good! Everyone was complimentary, even Jacob!

As good as the turkey turned out, I think the winning dish was my Nutella pie. Ohhhh lordy! So delicious! This pie would be good any time any day. I'm already thinking of making it for Josh's birthday in March.

Everyone arrived around noon, the kids played a bit while I finished up the side dishes. I just love watching these cousins so so much and cannot wait for years to come. Makes this mama's heart so happy!



Next up was meal time! All the food was delicious, special thanks to my sister-in-law who brought ALL the side dishes! My pregnant self was definitely appreciative of that!


The kids, once again, had a blast. Haha, and the dads got a good workout.


After lunch, Jacob took a siesta and we all ate pie. Yum! Then we took family pictures and kicked everyone out. :)


Love all these folks, especially my little family. These boys (all 3 of them) make my world go 'round!


I hope y'all had a lovely holiday! Let the Christmas decorating commence! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment