Sunday, February 22, 2009

softball season 2009

It's that time again! Softball season! As terribly miserable as it is to sit in the freezing cold 40 MPH winds, nothing compares to sitting in the cold with your family - its all about the memories, and I love making them with my fabulous husband and awesome family.

If you don't already know, my sister is the starting shortstop for the Lady Cyclone softball team at Iowa State University in Ames, IA. She has always been such an amazing athlete, but she is really starting to shine at ISU and I am just SO proud of her. Here is an awesome article about her from this weekend.

My mom & dad came up on Thursday evening to spend the weekend in Denton, but they first spent the evening with Josh & I in Plano. My wonderful dad is re-doing the tile in our new house, so he combined the Denton tournament with the tile - PERFECT!

We woke up at 7am on Saturday morning, temperature was 44 winds about 30-40 MPH - it was pretty brutal, but Starbucks definitely made it better. We had a game at 10am and 5:30pm, so we spent the entire day on the go...by the time 10pm rolled around we were exhausted and in bed. Sunday morning, we woke up at 7am again for another 10am game. I am proud to report the Cyclones went 4-1 this weekend, making their record 13-4(best in school history).

I feel so lucky to have married an athlete and total sport nut, not to mention a HUNK. Expect many more softball posts - we have 3 more months of this! I love you, sissy poo, and I can't wait to see you again.

Love,
Kate

Josh, me & my mom

freezing our butts off

carrie grabbing her butt

the whole gang at dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment